Hi Jacob-

On 14-02-18 05:43 PM, Brown, Jacob wrote:
> Greetings! A couple quick questions for Hydra or Islandora users/developers:
>
> 1) What made you choose your framework over others (for example, DSpace)? What is its "killer feature"? Flexibility? More metadata options? Availability of SPARQL endpoint? Language? The community?

Similar to Mike Giarlo and Penn State, we did a thorough systematic
assessment of how York University Libraries preserves and disseminates
its unique digital assets.

Both Hydra and Islandora share the same, or at least very similar
underlying infrastructure. In the end, community and experience was
mainly the deciding factors in the end for moving forward with Islandora.

> 2) What has your experience been like developing within that framework? If you migrated from another digital asset management system, what are the comparative strengths/weakness of your framework?

Our experience has been absolutely fantastic. The community is great,
and is the reason were we are at. If you have any specific Islandora
questions, feel free to hit up the main mailing list[1], the dev
list[2], and/or #islandora on freenode.

cheers!

-nruest

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/islandora