From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Peter Murray
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014 4:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] EZProxy changes / alternatives ?

I think it also useful to think about this from the service provider's
perspective.  There have been a few calls for enhancements/fixes in this
thread, but with no source of ongoing revenue (for self-hosted
installations, at least) I don't know how we can realistically expect the
service provider to devote resources to those enhancements/fixes.  The $500
paid for the perpetual right to run the software is good if you never expect
the software to change, particularly for something that has the market
saturation that EZproxy does (since there is a decreasing number of new
subscribers to pay the bills for added development).  The same could be said
for paying the way of the technical writers to write documentation for the
new features added to the system.

Peter
--
Peter Murray
Assistant Director, Technology Services Development LYRASIS