Hi Mary,

I haven't used it for screen casting usability testing (yet), but I was going to use Quicktime packaged with OS X. It can be used for screen recording.

Best,

Junior Tidal
Assistant Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street, Rm A434
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> "Mary E. Hanlin" <[log in to unmask]> 2/27/2014 1:06 PM >>>
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been discussed before. (I'm new to the list.)  But, has anyone conducted usability studies using screencast software?  If so, what software works well? (Morae is too pricey; I'm thinking along the lines of Camtasia, Silverback, etc.)

Also, do you have any anecdotal advice regarding what worked and what didn't?  Thanks in advance.

Mary Hanlin
Electronic Resources and Web Librarian
Reynolds Community College
Richmond, VA