On Feb 12, 2014, at 3:22 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I feel like at some point I heard there was a search API for the
> Proquest content/database platform.

While it may not be the coolest, I’d be willing to bet Proquest supports Z39.50. I used it lately to do some interesting queries against the New York Times Historical Newspapers Database (index). [1] Okay. I know. Z39.50 and their Reverse Polish Notation query language. Yuck. Moreover, the bibliographic data is probably downloadable at MARC records, but hey.

[1] Z39.50 hack - http://blogs.nd.edu/emorgan/2013/11/fun/

—
Eric Lease Morgan