Ruby on Rails Developer
Princeton University Library
Princeton University Library is seeking an experienced and
enthusiastic Ruby on Rails developer to work on implementing
Blacklight and other public-facing Rails applications.
The Princeton University Library is one of the world's leading
research libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200
undergraduates, 2,600 graduate students, 853 faculty members, and
many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million
printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items,
and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images. The
Library employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of more than 300
professional and support staff working in a large central library, 9
specialized branches, and 3 storage facilities.
The incumbent, working with existing library developers, will play a
key role in the development, planning, documentation, testing, and
deployment of new and existing applications, and actively
participate in the communities that exist around those applications.
* BA in Computer Science or a related field
* Extensive and demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails
* Experience with Solr, Apache, Tomcat and/or Jetty; and SQL
(MySQL or other)
* Demonstrated proficiency with contemporary web standards (HTML5,
* Knowledge of and experience with Rails application deployment
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Experience with at least one other programming language (e.g.
Python, Java, PHP)
* Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of and experience with library descriptive metadata
formats (MARC, MODS, Dublin Core, EAD, VRA)
* Familiarity with Linked Data and Linked Data publishing patterns
* Work experience in an academic library
* Experience with Integrated Library Systems
* Advanced degree in Library or Computer Science
* Experience with a NoSQL DB such as MongoDB
* Experience working with and committing to Open Source Software
NOTE: This is a two year term position with the possibility of
for how to apply.
The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a
To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link: