Good afternoon All,

Digital Preservation 2014 will be held July 22-24 in the Washington, DC area.  The annual summer meeting brings together the broad, diverse digital preservation and stewardship community to share achievements in the areas of technical infrastructure, innovation, content collection, standardization, and outreach and education efforts.

We are looking for your ideas, accomplishments, and project updates that highlight, contribute to, and advance the community dialog.  Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

*   Scientific data and other content at risk of obsolescence, and what methods, techniques, and tools are being deployed to mitigate risk

*   Innovative methods of digital preservation, especially regarding sustainable practices, community approaches, and software solutions

*   Collaboration successes and lessons learned highlighting a wide-range of digital preservation activities, such as best practices, open source solutions, project management techniques, and emerging tools

*   Practical examples of research and scholarly use of stewarded data or content

*   Educational trends for emerging and practicing professionals

You are invited to express your interest in any of the following ways:

*   Panels or presentations

*   5-minute lightning talks

*   Demonstrations

*   Posters

To be considered, please send 300 words or less describing what you would like to present to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> by March 14. Accepted proposals will be notified on or around April 3.

The last day of the meeting, July 24, will be a CURATEcamp, which will take place off-site from the main meeting venue. The focus of this camp remains to be determined, so stay tuned for more information about the camp in the coming weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to your contributions.

Barrie Howard

Program Management Coordinator

Library of Congress

National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program

www.digitalpreservation.gov

@ndiipp <http://twitter.com/ndiipp>

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1