WSU NDSA

CALL FOR SPEAKERS & POSTER SUBMISSIONS for Wayne State University National Digital Stewardship Alliance Student Chapter’s 2nd Colloquium

"Converge and Ingest: Building a Toolbox”
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Purdy Kresge Library 5265 Cass Ave Detroit, MI 48202

TARGETED PRESENTERS | We are looking for students, alumni, and professionals to speak or present a poster on digital preservation. This year’s theme is “Building a Toolbox”, which involves any topic related to skills and tools needed to begin and grow in the digital preservation field.

RESEARCH FOCUS | Topics of interest include the changing nature of the digital preservation job market, new tools and technologies in digital preservation, creative problem-solving for digital preservation, identifying preservation issues on an individual institutional level, marketing digital preservation, and digital preservation case studies.

Speakers – We are looking for speakers to present research, case studies, or processes about digital preservation. Each speaker will be given a 15-25 minute time frame to speak, as well as a question and answer period.

Poster Submissions – Poster submissions are an excellent way to showcase your research interests, interact with students and professionals in your field, and build your resume. We accept digital poster submissions for those that want to submit but cannot attend. Students are strongly encouraged to participate. We want to showcase your projects, ideas and research related to digital preservation.

DEADLINE | The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2014

SUBMISSION PROCESS | Submit to [log in to unmask] the following information:
Your name, email, and phone number
Brief background/bio relevant to your presentation
Title of your presentation. Indicate if it is for a talk or poster.
Description of your presentation (250 words) or for posters (150 words)

*Accepted presenters will be notified after February 22nd.*

COLLOQUIUM DETAILS | The tentative format includes a professional panel session, research presentations, and a poster session with informal conversations to close. If you have other topics that you may want to introduce or other research questions, please contact our faculty advisor, Kim Schroeder at [log in to unmask]

WSU NDSA Student Chapter blog: http://wsustudentndsa.wordpress.com/
WSU NDSA Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wsustudentndsa
WSU NDSA Twitter page: https://twitter.com/WSUNDSA