The NHPRC has been revising its grant programs to better reflect the way
people are accessing and using historical records, the goals of the
National Archives for public access and open government, and the goal of
the Administration for a better Digital Government.

On our blog Annotation (http://blogs.archives.gov/nhprc), we have posted
overviews of each of our six new programs along with drafts of the new
grant announcements.

*Access to Historical Records* - projects to support preserving and
processing primary source materials.

*Literacy & Engagement with Historical Records* -- projects to explore ways
to improve digital literacy and encourage citizen engagement with
historical records.

*Online Publishing of Historical Records* - projects to publish historical
records online, including, compiling, digitizing, transcribing, and
annotating documentary source materials.

*Publishing Historical Records Online: Transition Suppor*t - projects to
assist print-only documentary editions and documentary editions available
only through paid subscriptions to complete their projects and/or provide
free online access.

*State Board Programming Grants *- projects by state historical records
advisory boards to enhance access to historical records, increase citizen
engagement with records, and provide learning and development opportunities
for students, citizens and professional archivists.

*State Government Electronic Records* -- projects to accession, describe,
preserve, and provide access to state government electronic records of
enduring value.

We welcome your comments on the announcements on Annotation. In addition,
each post includes information on webinars about these new programs that we
will hold between February 19-26. These webinars are designed to provide
direct contact with the NHPRC staff to ask questions and share your ideas.

We need your feedback by* Thursday, February 27th* in order to meet the new
schedule for the FY 2015 grants cycle.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the NHPRC and its grants programs.
We are looking forward to discussing our new grants programs with you in
the coming days!

--
Meg Phillips
External Affairs Liaison