One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, although maybe I missed
it,  is that we don't know what the editors already have in mind to either
1) write themselves, or 2) recruited people directly to write. I think
there were many good ideas in this thread (and I hope the editors are
listening because incorporating much of this input will make the end-result
a better book) but it doesn't necessarily mean we should assume that the
editors weren't planning to cover them. I know multiple people who have
edited books, including myself, who only did an open call for a portion of
the book and contacted other people directly to write some chapters on
specific topics.

Edward