We've used our LibAnswers (reference and service desk) and LibAnalytics
(instruction) data to inform our website redesign process in pretty much
exactly that way. I did it pretty roughly, with spreadsheets and some
by-hand analysis, but the data would also be pretty susceptible to
scripting for a school or library with more transactions. Your reference
and instruction folk are probably keeping internal stats in some form you
could use for that.

Chris Strauber
Instructional Design Coordinator
Tisch Library, Tufts University