xEAC is an open-source XForms-based application for creating and managing
EAC-CPF collections. The XForms backend allows editing of the XML documents
in a web form, and relationships between source and target entities are
maintained automatically. It is available at https://github.com/ewg118/xEAC.

I have finally gotten xEAC to a stage where I feel it is ready for wider
testing (and I have updated the installation documentation). This has been
a few months coming, since I had intended to release the beta shortly after
MARAC in November. The xEAC documentation can be found here:
http://wiki.numismatics.org/xeac:xeac

Features

-Create, edit, publish EAC-CPF documents. Most, but not all, EAC-CPF
elements are supported.
-Public user interface migrated to bootstrap 3 to support mobile devices.
-Maps and timelines for visualization of life events.
-Basic faceted search and Solr-based Atom feed in the UI.
-Export in EAC-CPF, KML, and rudimentary RDF/XML. HTML5+RDFa available in
entity record pages.
-Manage semantic relationships between identities (
http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2013/11/maintaining-relationships-in-eac-cpf.html).
Target records are automatically updated with symmetrical or inverse
relationships, where relevant, and relationships are expressed in the RDF
output. TODO: parse relationship ontologies defined in RDF (e.g.,
http://vocab.org/relationship/.rdf) for use in xEAC.

REST interactions

The XForms engine interacts with the following web services to import name
authorities, biographical, or geographic information:

-VIAF lookup
-DBPedia import
-Geonames for modern places (placeEntry element)
-Pleiades Gazetteer of Ancient Places (placeEntry)
-Getty AAT SPARQL (occupation element) (
http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2014/03/linking-eac-cpf-occupations-to-getty-aat.html
)
-SPARQL query mechanism of nomisma.org in the UI (and extensible,
generalizable lookup widgets)

When the OCLC linked data service supports queries by VIAF URI, I will
create a lookup widget to provide lists of related bibliographic resources.

TODO list

I aim to improve xEAC over the following months and incorporate the
following:

-Finish form: Represent all EAC-CPF elements and attributes
-Test for scalability
-Interface with more APIs in the editing interface
-Improve public interface, especially searching and browsing
-Employ SPARQL endpoint for more sophisticated querying and visualization,
automatically publish to SPARQL on EAC-CPF record save.
-Incorporate social network graph visualization (see SPARQL, above)
-Follow evolving best practices in RDF, support export in TEI for
prosopographies (http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Prosopography) and
CIDOC-CRM.
-Interact with SNAC or international entity databases which evolve from it.

Resources:
Blog: http://eaditor.blogspot.com/
MARAC slideshow:
http://eaditor.blogspot.com/2013/11/marac-fall-2013-presentation.html