On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Joe Hourcle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> And although I'm normally a fan of trimming down message test
> to the relevant parts, you conveniently removed the other
> three occurrences of 'PERL' in the posting:
>
>         "We are seeking a PERL Programmer to work ..."
>
>         "Minimum of 1 year of PERL programming experience"
>
>         "Experience using PERL, JAVA or other ..."

Job descriptions are 99% written by HR departments who use unicorn
blood and sparkle dust to convey their message however they so choose
to get the best attention to recruit. Ergo, banging on about about a
job description in which formatting of said description will not have
an effect on 99.999% of the candidates applying for the job seems
awfully counterproductive.

I'm going to assume you've notified The Center for Research Libraries
on their egregious behaviour on this matter so further postings will
be correctly formatted per Perl's (and other programming languages
natch) tightly controlled specifications. Heaven forbid you get the
'wrong crowd" applying for this esteemed position of utmost Perl
authority.

Best wishes,
Lisa