Those looking for things to do in Raleigh might also want to take a look at the
Social Activities wiki page, where we've assembled some information about
restaurants, bars, breweries, live music, outdoor activities, sporting
events, etc.
See: http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2014_Social_Activities

Also, one of the places featured in the New York Times article, the
Kings Barcade
live music venue, will be the location of one of our planned events: A/V
Geeks Present "When Computers Were Young", on Wed. night.  A/V Geeks
maintains a collection of over 23,000 old 16mm educational films.  This is
an all ages, public event that is part of a regular monthly series held at
Kings, but the event has been scheduled and themed with the Code4Lib crowd
in mind.  Kings is two blocks from the Sheraton and has a full bar with
local beers on tap.  Kings is directly connected with the Neptunes Parlour
cocktail lounge, with classic arcade games and nightly DJ's.  The new
Garland Indian restaurant, operated by the same owners, is directly
downstairs from Kings.

Cost is free with suggested $5 donation. If interested please sign up at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2014_AVGeeks_Signup so that we can give the
organizers some idea about the amount of interest.

Steve

--

Steve Morris
Head of Digital Library Initiatives