Just out of curiosity, are these files in a DAM or did you get them
elsewhere? The reason I ask is that you appear to have a bunch of
pharmaceutical cards in a CONTENTdm system at
http://nyam.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/search/collection/p4129coll16

If you're trying to extract the image files from CDM, the cpd file is an
XML file defining a compound object with object odentifiers, filenames, and
descriptions.You can iterate through all the images separately

kyle