 AngularJS developer
  Artefactual Systems Inc.
New Westminster

[Artefactual Systems Inc.](http://www.artefactual.com/) is the lead developer
of the open-source [Archivematica](http://archivematica.org) and [Access to
Memory (AtoM)](http://accesstomemory.org) open source software applications
for the international archives, library and museum community.

We are looking for a **skilled AngularJS** developer to work on a **three
month contract**. The contract requires working with our
team in developing an AngularJS front-end to our AtoM back-end PHP/MySQL
application. You need to be able to quickly integrate with
our existing team, work independently, be able to plan and implement code
based on requirements documentation (wireframes, workflow diagrams), and be a
good communicator. This project is already underway, so you need to be
available to **start by April 21**, and be able to hit the ground running.

**Job description**

  * Help develop an AngularJS front-end application for an existing PHP/MySQL back-end application
  * Three month, full-time contract (minimum of 120 hours worked per month)
  * Compensation of $21,000 - $29,000 depending on experience, paid in bi-weekly installments over the contract duration
  * Must be available to start by April 21, 2014, earlier start date preferred if possible
  * Must be working and available for communication between 10am - 5pm (Pacific time), four days a week (Monday through Friday)
  * Telecommuting okay
  * Be part of a passionate and talented team working on an innovative, open source project
  * Mandatory Application Qualifications
  * You must be experienced with AngularJS and be able to prove your AngularJS knowledge
  * Resident of Canada or the USA
  * Comfortable working in an all Linux environment
  * Proven experience working in a team
  * Self motivated and self learning
  * Ability to work collaboratively with others to help craft elegant solutions
  * Excellent communication skills in English

**Required skills**

  * Excellent AngularJS skills (expect a test)
  * 3+ years experience with Javascript
  * Good HTML4 and HTML5 semantic markup writing skills
  * Good CSS architecture and programming skills including responsive web layouts
  * Experience interfacing with RESTful web services via AJAX
  * Experience with git. Must know how to branch and merge code changes and resolve conflicts.
  * Good Linux command line knowledge (you can install Debian packages, edit configuration files, read a man page, and know what a pipe character does)

**Bonus points**

  * Enough familiarity with PHP and/or Python scripting to make modifications to an existing HTML + script template
  * Experience with CSS frameworks (e.g. Twitter Bootstrap)
  * Experience with CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS, SASS)
  * Experience with Grunt (http://gruntjs.com/)
  * A GitHub account with AngularJS code that we can check out

**To Apply**

Please send your cover letter and CV in PDF format to [[log in to unmask]](m
ailto:[log in to unmask]
2014-01) and reference job posting **#2014-01** in the subject of your email.
We are especially interested in hearing about your ability to deliver on our
"Mandatory" qualifications in your cover letter. Qualified candidates will be
contacted for an interview in person or via Skype, depending on your
geographical location. If you have a GitHub account or code
portfolio please provide this information in your application.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13249/