Application Developer
Dartmouth College
Hanover

The Dartmouth College Library is looking for a talented and motivated
individual to join our team as an application developer, as we continue to
move forward in building and implementing next generation library
technologies. We invite you to be a part of our ventures in digital
publishing, digital production, digital repositories, and library management
systems. The selected individual will hone her/his programming skills on a
variety of digital library applications under the guidance of senior
programmers. This is a career ladder position and candidates will be hired at
one of three levels, depending on experience. The initial term of this
position ends December 31, 2016.

REQUIRED: B.S./B.A. in computer science, or the equivalent in education and
experience; at least two years' demonstrated experience in designing,
developing, coding and maintaining data-driven applications; ability to work
with minimal supervision; proficiency with Java, Javascript, and a Linux-based
technology stack; experience with software version control. A strong customer-
focused orientation and a passion for problem solving are keys to success in
this position.

PREFERRED: Experience with Perl, MVC application frameworks, and the standard
web stack (HTML, CSS, Javascript frameworks, jQuery, AJAX, XML, and XSLT) are
desired. Knowledge of digital library concepts and practices, and intellectual
curiosity are highly valued.

RANK AND SALARY: Salary will be based on the level of the position at which
the candidate enters, based on experience and qualifications. Full benefits
package including 22 vacation days; comprehensive health care; retirement
plans, including TIAA-CREF; and relocation assistance.

APPLICATION: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled. To see the complete job description and to apply
online please go to http://jobs.dartmouth.edu and refer to position #1011606,
"Progammer/Analyst I; Progammer/Analyst II; Progammer/Analyst III". All
applications require a resume and cover letter.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13266/