Jenny Jing wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> We are in the process of replacing our internal ticketing system. We need it to be web-based, and staff can attach screenshots when they report an issue, and we can run reports to get the usage statistics.
>
> We also want to use it as a reference question knowledge base in the future if the system is flexible for us to customize.
> For example, users can send us questions and we can keep track of what kind of questions we get, who is working on it, etc.
>
> It could be an open source or commercial tool.

I've been working at a firm that uses the combination of Jira
(ticketing) and Confluence (knowledge management) - commercial, separate
products but integrable, https://www.atlassian.com/.

For open source, the old standby is RT, which includes an integrated FAQ
manager - http://www.bestpractical.com/  - the FAQ facility is referred
to as "articles"
(http://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/customizing/articles_introduction.html)

Both are a bit "clunky" for my taste - but then, I've yet to find
anything in that space that isn't.  And, of course, very few (if any)
are aimed at the library environment (Jira is aimed at software
developers, RT at IT/network operations, for example).

Miles Fidelman