On Mar 10, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Lisa Rabey wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Joe Hourcle
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> For those looking to hire a Perl programmer, two suggestions:
>>
>> 1. Don't put it in all caps:
>>
>>        http://www.perl.org/about/style-guide.html
>

> This is a fair point if they only all-capped Perl, which they didn't;
> they capped the title of the job. I'm assuming they did this for
> formatting reasons in the email, which should have no barring in
> "who's dabbling" in the community and who is not.

And although I'm normally a fan of trimming down message test
to the relevant parts, you conveniently removed the other
three occurrences of 'PERL' in the posting:

	"We are seeking a PERL Programmer to work ..."

	"Minimum of 1 year of PERL programming experience"

	"Experience using PERL, JAVA or other ..."

> But it also raises the point that if I were a Perl programmer, someone
> nitpicking about email formatting is probably not someone I would want
> to work with.

Right ... I should apologize for top-posting in my last message.
I'm sorry, and I'll try not to do it again.

Thank you for not continuing the top-posting in your reply.

-Joe