Hi guys,

+1 for the idea :)

But for my experience there are not enough people in Italy :( I mean,
there are few companies actively involved in (open) development of
software for libraries and even a smaller group of developers inside
libraries.
Like Raffaele said there's a list dedicated to libraries and wikipedia.
Last october it was organized an event ( Bibliohackathon
<http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:GLAM/Biblioteche/Bibliohackathon/Firenze,_26_ottobre_2013>)
were I expected a lot of dev and didn't see too much :(
Also, in Italy there was an event called SoftXBIB during the annual
conference Stelline <www.convegnostelline.it/home.php>, but in recent
years no longer been organized for lack of interest.

As far as I know there would be roughly 10-15 interested people for the
entire nation.

Cheers
Giulio

--