Hi,

Software Carpentry is running a two-day software skills workshop in
Montreal on April 14-15 for librarians and other information management
professionals that will cover the basics of the Unix shell, programming,
version control, and data management.  You can register at
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/software-skills-for-librarians-registration-10812972893,
or find more details at
http://pycon.blogspot.ca/2014/02/software-carpentry-at-pycon.html.

Software Carpentry's mission is to teach the basic computing skills
people need to get more done in less time, and with less pain. Founded
in 1998, we are now part of the Mozilla Foundation, and in 2013 we ran
almost 100 workshops for more than 3500 people in 12 countries. You can
find out more at http://software-carpentry.org, or contact us at

Thanks for your time,
Dr. Greg Wilson
Mozilla Foundation / Software Carpentry