SQL Database Administrator
ProQuest
Seattle

Our SQL Database Administrator provides support and timely
response to needs in our development, staging and production environments for
all databases. This position works in IT Operation steam
and collaborates with all IT teams.

Some of what you'll be doing:

Expert knowledge of SQL Server database monitoring best practices, ability to
identify performance issues correctly

Perform and support database upgrades and migrations

Creates and maintains appropriate DBA and database documentation

Regular database refresh activities in development and QA servers

Testing and troubleshooting issues in database environment

Implementing and supporting database replication

Monitoring SQL Server Agent jobs and responding to SQL Server notification
alerts

What you'll have experience with:

Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, plus
at least 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education
and experience

Experience in a 24x7 production environment

Experience with SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2012

TSQL Query and Scripting experience

Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS

Backup and recovery skills

Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to
analyze, compare, evaluate, when issues arise

Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a
diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong
relationships

Capacity to learn new technology that will work with our database systems

Excellent communications skills

Manage SLAs and strict adherence to production controls

Bonus Points!

Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this
position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.

System administration fundamentals including installation, configuration and
security setups

Familiarity with SOX and PCI DSS requirements and best practices aligning with
compliancy

Familiarity with Linux, MySQL, SAN, Oracle

Apply Directly to: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH17/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?or
g=PROQUEST&cws=1&rid=1037

Here's what you want to know about the Seattle office

Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is
welcome

Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across
the street from Fremont's best pub

Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly
transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness
programs

Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm
and (well behaved) Fido is welcome

Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous
bonuses, and active "Green Team" and good morale

About Serials Solutions

Serials Solutions is a dedicated partner of libraries working to remain vital
and relevant to their users and communities. We provide industry-leading
technology solutions for libraries worldwide. The company helps libraries work
better by providing innovative, practical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
solutions, a comprehensive knowledgebase and unparalleled client support
services.

Serials Solutions, a ProQuest® business, is headquartered in Seattle,
Washington

www.serialssolutions.com

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13317/