Roy - I agree, we've got a lot of northern interest, and the LA group has already begun to meet. My initial thinking is certainly to try to get the Northern/Central folks together about the same time as the next LA meeting and we can both gauge the desire/need to merge.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roy Tennant
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] 2nd meetup for code4lib LA - May 15th

I am definitely interested in a Northern California regional Code4Lib group, but my ability to jet down to LA for a two-hour meeting is regrettably limited. Likewise my ability to jet up to Seattle or Portland, unfortunately. Perhaps a better strategy might be to focus on a local? For example, we have CDL in Oakland, several nearby UCs, CSUs, large publics, and community colleges to draw from. We should be able to put together a decent showing on our own, I would imagine.
Roy