Hello,

Pardon my ignorance here, but we were discussing use cases and user stories and noting how static they are (in our implementation of them) for capturing user needs for more general library services. Im my experience, there is one story per need, and additional expressions of that particular need don't really get "counted" to assist with prioritization.

I'm curious if anyone has used any sort of ticketing system for a more traditional library function like reference or instruction that might "tally" expressions of need (e.g. we've heard a request for an NVIVO course 4 times in the last semester). Maybe something like Agile or Kanban already account for accumulation of stories or prioritization based on stats, and I'm just not aware of it?

-Aaron

W. Aaron Collie
Digital Curation Librarian
MSU Libraries
tel: 517.884.0867 email: [log in to unmask]
tweet: aaroncollie site: http://staff.lib.msu.edu/collie/