I happen to be in Italy at the moment, having just attended a conference
on digital libraries here. [1] My general impression is that actual
coding in libraries is rare, but I could ask around among librarians I
know here and see what they say. There are some libraries that have had
to create their own systems, and this might be a good outlet for those
folks. It could also bring out projects that aren't well known.

kc
[1] http://www.aib.it/attivita/congressi/c2014/fsr2014/

--
Karen Coyle