From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] .cpd file format head scratcher

Hey All,

For a set of digitized pharmaceutical cards, I am coming up against an image file format that seems to be locked in time. It's supposedly a Compressed PhotoDefiner (?) lossless (.cpd) file (http://www.photodefiner.com/home/). Though when I try to load up the software, I can't get it to take on any of our windows machines (running 8 and 7). Don't have a mac on hand so don't know if that works or not, currently.

In my experience, though, I've always been able to find some rogue third party file converter (or imagemagick) to be helpful in these scenarios but this format  is just not something that appears to have been accounted for. Additionally, it's one of those file formats that seem to only pop randomly generated answer sites with questionable downloads in a google search, such as  http://www.solvusoft.com/en/file-extensions/file-extension-cpd/

Just wanted to see if anyone has come across this format and whether there might be any tools to convert it.

Thanks,
Drew

Andrew Gordon, MSI
Systems Librarian
Center for the History of Medicine and Public Health New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY, 10029
212.822.7324
http://nyamcenterforhistory.org/