Software Engineer III
ProQuest
Mountain View, CA

ebrary seeks a DevOps Engineer

Mountain View, the home of ebrary, Google and Stanford University, is situated
in the heart of Silicon Valley directly between San Francisco and San
Jose. ebrary, a ProQuest company is proud to be part of a
city and a region known around the world for its Software Engineering and
Technical innovation.

• Large-scale environment, Multi-tiered and Distributed

• Advanced Cloud-based infrastructure

• Automation, scaling and performance minded

• Java-based deployment tools

• Complex multi-cluster management

• ebooks leader in a major market!

The person who fills this role will be a skilled DevOps Engineer to join us in
the evolution of our platform as we scale through highly automated methods.
This is a fairly junior position, but in all other respects requires a great
deal of maturity and attention to detail. The DevOps Engineer will work
directly with our senior members of our team to comprehend our software
management methods and objectives, and complete implementation assignments
that extend our capabilities and support our agile processes.

Our products support complex content aggregation, sophisticated business
models, streaming and downloaded document delivery, and unique user
interaction. They are delivered as fully virtualized and cloud-based services
with particular emphasis on automated deployment and management techniques,
rooted in our core development processes.

What you'll be doing:

• Take responsibility for our infrastructure and continuous integration tools.
This includes:

• Improve on existing tools

• Build new test harnesses for the tools

• Write new tools as needed

• Make sure the core infrastructure is functioning (build and deployment
servers, monitoring, etc.)

• Build, Packaging and deployment scripts development, and their execution

• Support the build, continuous integration, QA automation and performance
testing environments

What you need to be successful:

• BS in computer science or equivalent experience

• Experience with Linux operating environment and RPM packaging

• Working knowledge of build tools such as ANT/MVN/GRADDLE or any other for
building java based applications

• Knowledge of junits or any other automated testing frameworks and managing
continuous integration environments such as jenkins

• Experience working with configuration management and automation tools such
as Chef

• Experience working effectively in a team environment as a strong
collaborative player

• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including production of
system documentation

• Able to listen, evaluate assignments, and hold up your end of the mentorship
equation

The Company:

ebooks are hot! Giant, scalable collections of ebooks are our business.
Integration with all the players is our game.

ebrary is a very successful content distribution and technology company with
significant market presence worldwide. With our technology, educational
institutions all over the world are providing student access to an ever-
growing distributed library of content, at fraction of the cost of acquiring
and maintaining physical documents. We are growing, and expanding into new
markets rapidly. None the less, innovation is our passion, and we keep it
focused.

We're over 12 years old, and privately held as a subsidiary of ProQuest, a
premier content and services company with "central to research" delivery
through academic and corporate libraries throughout the world. You can learn
more about us at http://www.ebrary.com and http://www.proquest.com.

About ebrary

ebrary® is a leading provider of e-books and research technology to academic,
corporate, government, public, and high school libraries worldwide.

If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About. ebrary a ProQuest®

business, is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.

www.ebrary.com

ebrary is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination
of any kind.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12966/