Anybody have advice on maintaing records related to usability studies, interviews, etc. with regards to records retention/IRB policies in your university settings?  I’m putting together an IRB application at my institution and am curious what any of you might have done for this sort of stuff. Particularly how you might have coded/anonymized and stored results from interviews to maintain confidentiality.

I’ll have the sort of standard informed consent, and a photographic/audio/video release form for an observational study you might expect, but I’d also like to put as much raw data into our data repository afterwards as I can too so there are a number of complicated things going on at once.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

William Hicks

Digital Libraries: User Interfaces

email: [log in to unmask]