Does your IRB process require you to get NIH certification?
http://phrp.nihtraining.com/users/login.php

Based on what I read in the NIH training, I haven't been worrying at all
about how or where I store my data.  I didn't work with any high-risk
populations, my data is all anonymous, and even if someone did manage to
figure out whose data it was it still poses no risk to the tester's
life/happiness/reputation.  My IRB proposal didn't include any plan for
data security, and they approved it without asking for one.  I didn't think
to ask about putting data in the institutional repository, but I have
approval to use my data for articles and/or conference presentations.  Both
of those are things I would put in a repository, so I would feel ok about
putting my data in the repository, too.

Emily

Emily Mitchell
Librarian / Webmaster