Hi all,

I have been out-of-the-loop on this community for a while, since leaving library land when I was working at Villanova on the VuFind team. However, I wanted to pop my head back in, because in my current role at Knight Foundation I am helping run a contest that I think might appeal to folks in the library community.

Specifically, our Knight News Challenge is a radically open contest with $2.75m in funding for projects that help us answer the following question: "How can we strengthen the Internet for free expression and innovation?”

https://www.newschallenge.org/

Libraries have been organizing the world’s information and fighting for free speech longer than any other group. Hope to see some library projects in the mix.

All the best,

Chris Barr
chrisbarr.net
@heychrisbarr