EDUCAUSE published a useful "7 Things You Should Know About
Makerspaces<http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-makerspaces>"
last year that is probably still relevant. They have it in PDF and ePub,
but really it should have been published in HTML.

The resources below explore makerspaces, physical locations where people
> gather to share resources and knowledge, work on projects, network, and
> build. Makerspaces are zones of self-directed learning, providing a
> physical laboratory for inquiry-based learning and are primarily used for
> technological experimentation, hardware development, and idea prototyping.
> Increasingly, though, individual inventors and creative teams are using
> makerspaces to build projects in fields other than engineering and
> technology.

The Case for a Campus Makerspace
> <http://hackeducation.com/2013/02/06/the-case-for-a-campus-makerspace/>
> 2013
> This post from the Hack Education blog describes the maker movement,
> various maker tools, and the teaching and learning value of the method.

Is it a Hackerspace, Makerspace, TechShop, or FabLab?

> <http://makezine.com/2013/05/22/the-difference-between-hackerspaces-makerspaces-techshops-and-fablabs/>
> 2013
> This article provides a short history of the hackerspace and makerspace
> movements and also explains techshops and fablabs. It includes
> illustrations of each, with links to further resources.

Makerspace: Playbook
> <http://makerspace.com/playbook>2012
> After providing a name and e-mail address, you will be sent a step-by-step
> guide on how to get a makerspace up and running. It includes information on
> space selection, pedagogical approaches, tools, materials, and safety.

Manufacturing Makerspaces

> <http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/article/manufacturing-makerspaces>
> 2013
> This resource site from American Libraries includes various examples,
> potential uses, a historical timeline, equipment suggestions, and a
> resource list—all to support the development of a makerspace.

Makerspaces Move into Academic Libraries
> <http://acrl.ala.org/techconnect/?p=2340>2012
> This post from the ACRL TechConnect Blog details the value of makerspaces
> and the learning needs they fulfill. Several examples and illustrations are
> provided.

Georgia Tech’s Makerspace is a Model for Higher Education

> <http://makezine.com/2013/03/28/georgia-techs-makerspace-is-a-model-for-higher-education/>
> 2013
> This article describes Georgia Tech’s Invention Studio, a campus-wide
> makerspace open to any faculty, student, or staff member and project. The
> Invention Studio features $500,000 of equipment, has 3,000-square feet,
> serves over 500 users per month, and is supported by 70 students (members
> of the makers club).

A Model for Managing 3D Printing Services in Academic Libraries