NDSA members,

The notes and slides from today’s NDSA-GEO call are now up at

http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Geo_March_2014

The session was recording and you can watch it at your convenience:

Streaming recording link:

https://issevents.webex.com/issevents/ldr.php?RCID=edaed095f8463119240826ebe67a4f5f

Download recording link:

https://issevents.webex.com/issevents/lsr.php?RCID=5e242d149ee9a826ea10e52e4df66128

Mr. Bishop has invited NDSA-GEO members to speak at one of his future classes. The remaining available class dates are April 4th and 11th are the dates left in my class for guest lectures. He notes that the 11th class is actually addressing archives and data centers, so that may be an opportune date.

If interested, please get in touch with him at [log in to unmask]

I’ve attached copies of his syllabi for a pair of classes he teaches on geospatial technology to LIS students.

The next NDSA-GEO meeting will be Friday April 18: John Faundeen of the EROS Data Center will give a presentation on the NDSA Levels of Preservation activity and USGS' efforts at implementation.

If you have suggestions for future speakers as part of the NDSA-GEO speakers series, please add them to the wiki at:

http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Geospatial#Speakers_Series

Butch Lazorchak

Digital Archivist

National Digital Information Infrastructure and

Preservation Program

Library of Congress

202-707-2603

facebook.com/digitalpreservation