I am retiring as of tomorrow, March 7. Before I go, I want to thank you, our NDIIPP partners, for all you have done over the years. I've worked with some of you for quite a while; others I know less well, but all of you play an important role in advancing digital preservation practice, knowledge and awareness.

It seems like only yesterday that we held the first NDIIPP partners meeting in January 2005, which was followed by others on a regular basis. I feel privileged to have had a role in setting up those meetings, as well as in shaping the original implementation of the NDIIPP program. Those were heady days of launching initiatives, welcoming new partners and aiming to do big things. One of the best parts of the experience for me was experiencing the tremendous good will that our partners had for the program and for moving ahead together. I look back at what we worked on and what we accomplished with a sense of pride and appreciation. I feel we helped provide the nation-and the world-with a foundation for doing even greater things with digital preservation.

And so-keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Bill LeFurgy
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
Library of Congress