Stuart,  had a quick look at the proposal,  not sure cataloguing is an
appropriate term,  nor are they citations.

I suspect that a simple database,  web interface, simple search interface
and Telugu collation should suffice. No specific tools would be needed. We
are talking about a fairly common web infrastructure requirements,  the
challenge will be integrating it with wikimedia platforms,

Best to discuss that with the internationalisaton team at WMF.