My question has to do with discoverability. Let's say that I have a
bibliographic database and I want to add the OCLC work identifiers to
it. Obviously I don't want to do it by hand. I might have ISBNs, but in
some cases I will have a regular author/title-type citation.

and let's say that I am asking this for two different institutions:
a) is an OCLC member institution
b) is not

Thanks,
kc