I'll reply here just in case anyone is following along, but I'll also copy the VuFind list.

You can make Pazpar2 the default mode in VuFind by changing the defaultModule setting in the [Site] section of config.ini from "Search" to "Pazpar2".

Also note that the VuFind Pazpar2 implementation is young and fairly basic, so there's definitely room for improvement -- feel free to make suggestions and ask further questions!

- Demian