Lack of demand, particularly since many catalogs contain a lot of garbage metadata and/or resources that others cannot access. Plus, the information goes stale quickly. Not that there's no use for this information, but not that many people are asking.

Also, despite declarations to wanting to make info open, library organizations are much better at giving away other peoples' information than their own. A huge percentage of librarians work at public expense, but if you do anything for ALA or a number of other library outfits, copyright notices and other restrictions competitive with the publishers we love to whine about get slapped on mighty fast.

Kyle