Roy, the question that I have is, as I say below, about DISCOVERABILITY
of URIs, not intellectual property issues. It's great that there are
lots of URIs for useful things out in the world, but they don't jump
into your data store on their own through some kind of magic. To me, the
big problem today is that of populating legacy data with useful
identifiers. I know that some folks have worked at making connections
between subject headings in their catalog and the URIs available through
id.loc.gov - and as I recall, it turns out to be fairly frustrating. It
seems to be that the solution to this is that providers of URIs and
users of URIs have to both make an effort to meet half-way, or at a
mutally convenient location. It simply is not enough to say: "Hey, look!
I've got all of these URIs. Good luck!" So let's talk about how we make
that connection.

kc