From: Richard Wallis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 11:26 PM
To: Code for Libraries
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] viaf

You are correct that in the xmlns namespace definitions in the xml <http://viaf.org/viaf/231063554/rdf.xml> references a namespace that is no longer used in the output.  There is a single commented out reference to 'viaf:NameAuthorityCluster' in the output.

This post covers the change that deprecated the use of this: http://outgoing.typepad.com/outgoing/2011/04/changes-to-viafs-rdf.html

From the other xmlns definitions it can be seen that use is made of void, owl, foaf, skis-xl, skis, RDA ElementsGR2, FRBRentitiesRDA to describe VIAF resources.

I'll pass this on to some of the team behind VIAF to see if they have further comment

~Richard.

On 7 April 2014 23:04, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
On Apr 7, 2014, at 10:52 PM, Richard Wallis <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

> Is this what you are looking for: http://viaf.org/viaf/data/
Alas, no, not really. I'm looking for an RDF file listing the classes and properties used by VIAF. VIAF can return RDF for specific entities, as in curl:

  curl -L -H "accept: application/rdf+xml" http://viaf.org/viaf/231063554/

Upon what RDF schema is this output based? The "header" of the output alludes to the following URI, but it returns an error:

  http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/#<http://viaf.org/ontology/1.1/>

-
Eric Morgan

--