5 days until the Hacking DPLA at TCDL event! Are you ready?

We currently have about 20 people interested in coming to the event, and
it's promising to be great! The organizers would like to get to know a bit
more about you, so if you're planning to attend, we'd love it if you'd
complete the quick survey at http://goo.gl/6MP7DM.

*Event Logistics:*

Join us for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries' first-ever
hackathon! We'll be developing tools that Texas libraries and others can
freely use to power new and transformative explorations of our digitized
cultural heritage, based on the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
API. Event information and registration is available at
https://www.hackerleague.org/hackathons/hacking-dpla-at-tcdl.

*When:* Sunday, April 27, 2014, 1:00-5:00 p.m.

*Where:* UT Austin, Perry-CastaƱeda Library, 1.124

*Parking:* Available at the Brazos Garage on MLK, next to the Blanton
Museum of Art (http://www.utexas.edu/parking/parking/garages/brg.php)

What to bring: Laptop set up with your preferred coding environment (power
outlets and wireless internet provided). Snacks and drinks, including water
and sodas, will be provided. If you have special dietary needs, please
bring your own food or drink, or contact [log in to unmask] for
assistance.

*Schedule:* See http://goo.gl/NyjhI7

We're planning to work in pairs or small groups, in order to get the most
out of the limited time. We have activities planned for folks who aren't
experienced coders, but please explore the DPLA API and other resources
we've put together (http://goo.gl/Hhl9lb) so that you're ready to go! If
you have an idea for a project, you can submit it to HackerLeague or bring
it with you to the event to look for partners.

If you have any questions, please send them to [log in to unmask] We
look forward to seeing you on Sunday, April 27!