Important: this post was the subject of quite a lot of fury on Twitter,
being similar to an earlier essay by Shanley Kane of the same title
https://medium.com/tech-culture-briefs/a1e93d985af0 -- a fact which the
Coding Horror post initially neglected to attribute.  Sara Chipps, quoted
in the Coding Horror post, has also publicly expressed displeasure at how
the original version of the post used her words (I'm not sure whether the
edits have addressed this).  And people on the autism spectrum have
expressed some outrage over how they are implicitly blamed for tech sexism
(something that Shanley did not do in her post, which moreover has more
suggestions for what you can do).

So I submit that the first thing men (and everyone) can do in this thread
is read Shanley first.

Andromeda Yelton
LITA Board of Directors, Director-at-Large, 2013-2016
http://andromedayelton.com
@ThatAndromeda