One thing I've done to find sites I need to whitelist is to tail -f the access log for the proxy server that the catalog kiosk is using to see what domains it's trying to hit.  It's best done while closed so that you don't have to scan so many access requests to see the entries for the kiosk's IP address.  Of course, this assumes you're using a traditional proxy server like Squid.

pax.

John Lolis
Information Technology Manager
White Plains Public Library
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

http://whiteplainslibrary.org/

>>> On 4/7/2014 at 2:55 PM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Amorosi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
First time asking a question here.

I'm putting together a catalog kiosk and I'd like for patrons to be able to
check out books in Overdrive.  But whitelisting all the necessary sites has
become a huge pain!  So far I've tracked down these domains and I have
Overdrive nearly working:

*.overdrive.*
*.lib.overdrive.*
*.contentreserve.*
*.libraryreserve.*
*.googleapis.*
*.*.libraryreserve.*
*.*.contentreserve.*

But the whole site falls apart once I log in with my library card number.
I'm also waiting for a response from their tech support.  Their initial
suggestion was *.lib.overdrive.* but that doesn't help.

Thanks!

---
Chris