Dear NDSA Members,

Welcome to Spring and Friday and the latest NDSA update! It’s been busy in NDSA-land and we want to share the latest happenings.

1)      New NDSA web pages. If you are ever curious about how the NDSA works, when the next working group call is or what you can do to contribute, you can find all of this information and more on our new and improved NDSA web pages:

a.       Calendar of events: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/calendar.html

b.      About: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/about.html

c.       Get Involved: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/getinvolved.html

d.      Members List: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/memberslist.html

e.      Resources for Members: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/members.html

f.        FAQ: http://digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/FAQ.html

2)      New NDSA listservs. We’ve needed to switch some services up so we have new addresses for NDSA listservs. Please delete the old email addresses and use these from now on, all of the emails were transferred from the old system to the new:

a.       All members: [log in to unmask]

b.      Content Working Group: [log in to unmask]

c.       Outreach Working Group: [log in to unmask]

d.      Infrastructure Working Group: [log in to unmask]

e.      Innovation Working Group: [log in to unmask]

f.        Standards and Practices Working Group: [log in to unmask]

g.       Coordinating Committee: [log in to unmask]

h.      Geospatial Content Team: [log in to unmask]

3)      Nominations are now open for the 2014 NDSA Innovation Awards. Please take a moment to nominate an individual, project, organization, or future steward via the quick-and-easy online nomination form. More details on the background of the awards, eligibility criteria, information on past winners, and the prizes can be found on the recent Signal blog post announcing the opening of nominations for this year's awards. Nominations will be accepted until Friday May 2, 2014. Please help us spread the word about the awards and ensure that deserving people and projects are nominated.

4)      The Digital Stewardship Innovation Ideas Challenge has launched. Submit your  ideas on how to tackle the research challenges highlighted in the 2014 National Agenda

a.       Applied Research for Cost Modeling and Audit Modeling

b.      Understanding Information Equivalence & Significance

c.       Policy Research on Trust Frameworks

d.      Preservation at Scale

e.      Evidence Base for Digital Preservation

Read more about the Challenge on The Signal

5)      Recently Released: Don’t miss these recent NDSA reports:

a.       Geospatial Data Stewardship Key Online Resources report was just released by the Content Working Group – Geospatial Content subgroup.

b.      The Benefits and Risks of the PDF/A-3 File Format for Archival Institutions from the Standards & Practices Working Group

6)      Your comments, please. Trevor Owens released a call from the Infrastructure & Standards working groups for comment on draft guidelines for establishing and evaluating “fixity”. Please look over the draft and let us know your thoughts.

Thank you to all members who contribute to the NDSA and help to make it an active and informative group. We hope you can join us July 22-24 in DC for the annual DigitalPreservation 2014 meeting and CurateCAMP. The program and registration will be announced soon.

Best, Abbey

On behalf of the NDSA Secretariat

Abigail Potter

Program Officer

National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP)

Office of Strategic Initatives

Library of Congress

202.707.7371