I don't mind having them both in the same feed. They're easy enough to
tell apart even w/o a filter. The reason I say this is that when I see
something like "Job: Digital Assets Librarian", or " Job: Linked Data
Technologist, Metadata at Stanford University", just to pick two at
random, that's a good way for me (as a hiring manager) to see what new
kinds of positions are being posted (as opposed to those I'm already
familiar with), what new responsibilities they might entail, how a
position might be pitched in a new way, or, as in the case of
Stanford, what in particular they (as a leader in some of the sorts of
things I care about) might be up to. At the very least it adds useful
pieces to my current awareness in a convenient way, but it also has
the potential of influencing how we define the next position we post
here, and since we would like to hire from the community, it has
potential benefit for the community as well. Of course, I'm speaking
for myself, but in case this is a potentially useful perspective, that
some others might hold as well, I post it.

--
Charles Blair, Director, Digital Library Development Center, University of Chicago Library
1 773 702 8459 | [log in to unmask] | http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/~chas/