Of everything I heard, Joe's suggestion sounds most palatable.

I hope jobs will *always* be on the list but I understand that some people
don't want to read them and feel it's a burden to filter (there are a lot
of crappy mail clients out there).

The documentation I looked at isn't detailed enough to tell whether
topic-based digests can be created. That would be needed to solve Ben's
problem -- get a digest without job postings.

Eric -- are you still the list owner?
[log in to unmask] already uses Job: as a prefix -- so I would suggest
adding "Job" as a topic, setting Default-Topics= Job,OTHER (unless all-caps
is requisite?)
If this works, nobody should have to take any action except the list-owner
and anybody who wants the "Job" topic filtered out.

-Jodi