Associate Consultant, bepress Consulting Services
bepress
Berkeley

We are looking for an associate consultant to support the students, faculty
and scholars who we serve with our online solutions.

_Responsibilities_

  * Collaborating with university faculty and librarians to launch new projects in their repositories, guide them in best practices, and troubleshoot unusual problems
  * Training clients over phone and email to help them use and customize our templated systems
  * Liaising with all teams at bepress to provide your clients with comprehensive, well-informed support for all their repository needs
  * Providing general assistance to the bepress team as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, filing feature requests, product testing, HTML editing, and providing feedback to help streamline or expand our services as our growing business requires.

_Required qualities and capabilities_

  * Bachelor's degree
  * High attention to detail
  * Basic HTML
  * Excellent communication and presentation skills--primarily for phone and email interactions/trainings
  * Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and independently
  * Deep familiarity with MSOffice programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel) and the Internet
  * Enthusiasm and a willingness to contribute beyond a narrow job description
  * Humor and patience

_Preferred qualities and capabilities_

  * 1-3 years' experience with similar responsibilities
  * Basic CSS and XML
  * Familiarity with converting MS Word documents to PDFs
  * Familiarity with academic publishing, library sciences, and university culture are big pluses
  * Start date ASAP

**To apply**

This is a full-time position with great benefits and a busy but casual
atmosphere. If you have the above, we want to meet you right away. Salary
commensurate with experience.

Please send your cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask], c/o Jonathan
Cadle.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14370/