On 5/7/14, 5:37 AM, Sarah Shealy wrote:
> you're creating an artificial divide between "us" and "them". No one is 'intruding' on anyone - it's a public forum for people who work in LIBRARIES (aka - places where inclusion is supposed to rule) without any filtering of participants, so technically anyone with an email address is part of the 'ingroup'.
Yeah, Sarah! I think this is a good reminder that the attitude of "if
you don't know, you don't belong here" is NOT what c4l is about.
Instead, it should be "if you don't know, let me help you learn what you
need to know." At the same time, if someone asks a question that you
don't have the time or patience to answer, just let it flow by --
someone else will catch it. You don't have to read every post to c4l,
and you definitely are not obligated to answer questions that come to
the list.

Delete key. The all-important delete key.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net