We have been using google analytics since October 2008 and by and large
we're pretty happy with it.

Recently I noticed that we're getting >100 hits a day from the
"Pinterest/0.1 +http://pinterest.com/" bot which I understand is a
reasonably reliable indicator of activity from that site. Much of this
activity is pure-jpeg, so there is no HTML and no opportunity to execute
javascript, so google analytics doesn't see it.

pinterest.com is absent from our referrer logs.

My main question is whether anyone has an easy tool to report on this
kind of use of our collections?

My secondary question is whether any httpd gurus have recipes for
redirecting by agent string from low quality images to high quality. So
when AGENT =  "Pinterest/0.1 +http://pinterest.com/" and the URL matches
a pattern redirect to a different pattern. For example:

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/etexts/MakOldT/MakOldTP022a%28w100%29.jpg

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/etexts/MakOldT/MakOldTP022a.jpg

cheers
stuart