I highly recommend a Physics degree. 1) not as many required courses as engineering so more electives, more opportunities to study the important Russian Literature you might need as a surgeon :) 2) heavy math, heavy computer science but in a solve-a-problem sense, not in a maintain-a-server sense which gets out of date quickly 3) fascinating stuff in class 4) people who graduated with me went on to PhDs but others went on to do MDs, law degrees, and some started work immediately as computer scientists :)

Christina, BS, MLS
Oh, and adding a BS after your name is fun, too!

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Riley Childs
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] College Question!

I was curious about the type of degrees people had. I am heading off to college next year (class of 2015) and am trying to figure out what to major in. I want to be a systems librarian, but I can't tell what to major in! I wanted to hear about what paths people took and how they ended up where they are now.

BTW Y'All at NC State need a better tour bus driver (not the c4l tour, the admissions tour) ;) the bus ride was like a rickety roller coaster...   🎢

Also, if you know of any scholarships please let me know ;) you would be my BFF :P

Riley Childs
Student
Asst. Head of IT Services
Charlotte United Christian Academy
(704) 497-2086
RileyChilds.net
Sent from my Windows Phone, please excuse mistakes