Riley,

’m one of the more over-degreed individuals around here, having a B, M, and now a Dr. all in music, which means I know next to nothing!  I do also have masters in information science which *really* means I know next to nothing.

Having held a couple of systems librarian jobs, I can truly say that nothing I learned in my 4 degrees in higher education came into any direct use on the job.  What your higher education should be is lesson in how to teach yourself, and to understand that learning is never complete nor ever finished.

A computer science background might have helped me, but that just means I have a little catching up to do.  Thankfully, there are a lot of brilliant people in this community to help me out with that.

…adam