You can export your records from Koha in marc or xml format by using the `Export bibliographic and holdings` option in the tools module in the staff client (quick tutorial here: http://bywatersolutions.com/2012/07/04/exporting-marc-records-in-koha-3-8/). For 10000 bib records you should be able to do it in one shot. This is all for hosted Koha installs, if you are running your own, you should be able to run an export.pl script from the terminal.

With the .mrc file, it's pretty much ready to go to upload into a fresh install of Blacklight with a rake task. So it's totally doable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Justin Coyne
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Solr and Koha

If you can get the records from Koha in any format. It's not difficult to import them to Solr.  When you get Blacklight set up you can do:

Blacklight.solr.add(id: 12345, title_t: "One flew over the cuckoo's nest",
author_t: "Ken Kesey")

Blacklight.solr.commit

And you've added your first record into solr.  Feel free to ask more on the blackight-development google group or #blacklight on IRC.

-Justin